You probably heard of Nana IceCream. If you haven’t, Nana IceCream is a healthy alternative to regular icecream made only of banana. And since there is no cream, milk, eggs, or even sugar involved, this one-ingredient dessert is guilt-free… perfect for summer!
It’s super easy and tastes just like icecream!
Ripe Bananas (as many as you want) You may want the ugly bananas with all the spots, as they are the sweetest. Depending on how ripe the bananas are when you freeze them will affect the sweetness of your ice cream. The more ripe the banana, the sweeter the ice cream.
1. Peel all bananas and slice them in chunks.
2. Place bananas in a container, and put them in the freezer. I usually freeze them overnight, so I can enjoy them by morning. Never too early for a nana ice cream! 😀
3. Remove the bananas from the freezer; add them to a high speed food processor or blender and process/blend away.
When the bananas reach an ice cream texture…
4. Place the mixture in a container and place in the freezer for a few hours.
5. Serve. You’d be surprised how good it is. 🙂
For extra fun, try mixing in other fruits like strawberries, mangoes and etc. You can also use chocolate chips or add almond milk or vanilla (but of course, that’d be additional calories ;))
Happy Nana Icecream making and Happy Chinese New Year!